Skip to main content



The United States signs treaties with other countries which treaties are designed to promote trade and investment between the U.S. and the other country or countries, thereby encouraging good relations and peace. Nationals (individuals or companies) of countries with such Treaties with the United States can obtain visas to work in the USA in order to develop and direct their investment in and/or trade with the U.S.

Such visas are called E-visas, and come in two types: E-1 treaty trader visa is set aside for companies that trade goods and services, while the E-2 investor visa is for an individual or enterprise that invests a substantial amount of funds in the U.S. with the prospect of job creation.

The E-Visa can be used by companies owned by a single investor, as well as by large multinational companies. It is also available to key foreign personnel of companies. Contact us with questions.

USCIS E-Visas Site

Treaty Countries